The High Tech Elementary PTA is honored to bring such an important educator to our school and to the community.
Register today for the amazing opportunity to experience “Parenting Safe Children – Keeping children safe from sexual abuse,” with Feather Berkower, LCSW. The HTES event will take place on Saturday, November 14 from 10AM to 2PM and the cost is $53.75. Space is limited. Register today.
Thank you for The Goddard School Stapleton for being our event food sponsor! Lunch will be provided from Jim-N-Nick’s BBQ.
Educators, please contact Allison Pettersson, HTES Parent, for information about discounted rates.
What Will be Covered at the Event:
Specifically, the Parenting Safe Children workshop will cover the following topics:
- Creating a communication-rich environment for children
- Empowering children to set and maintain boundaries
- Body-safety rules
- Characteristics of safe homes & schools
- Age-appropriate sexual behavior
- “Teachable Moments”
- Tips for screening childcare providers – “Building your prevention team”
- Teaching manners while also teaching kids to say, “NO” if they are un-safe