Dear Families: We are in full planning and preparation mode for the upcoming Spring auction fundraiser, Flappers & Fellas on Saturday, April 9 at the Forney Museum of Transportation. Tickets are on sale now for $40/each until March 24, when prices increase to $50/ticket. We need additional help planning the event and securing donations. All details can be found on High Tech PTA’s website>>
Our Hawk Store hours have changed as of January 27, 2016. We need parent volunteers to help run the store>>
- When: During Lunch: 11:15-12PM (Volunteers needed from 11AM-12:15PM) – Students can visit after eating.
- Where: Community Room off of the Cafeteria (Limited prize selection)
- When: Before School: 7:45-8:15AM (Volunteers needed from 7:30-8:30AM) – Students can visit before the 8:20AM bell.
- Where: Music Room (Full prize selection)
LOST & FOUND
A reminder from Beverley in the front office that the Lost & Found located in the hallway across from the Computer Lab is overflowing. At the end of January, Beverley will take everything to a local charity for donation. Please stop by between now and January 29 to make sure that your kiddo has not left something behind at school.
MID-YEAR UPDATE WITH DR. GILE
This meeting, facilitated by Dr. Gile, is in follow up to the early December parent meeting with DPS’s Bill de la Cruz. There are two opportunities to participate in the High Tech Mid-Year Update:
- Thursday, February 4, from 6:30-8PM, childcare provided for children ages 3+
- Thursday, January 28, from 9-10AM, during Dr. Gile’s Monthly Parent Coffee (Please note, that this is a secondary meeting and will not include the full discussion and details of the primary meeting set for 2/4/16; this meeting this intended for those who cannot attend the evening event.)
During this event, parents and teachers will receive an update on our successes, initiatives, and the focus areas for growth for the remainder of the school year. You will learn more about…current assessment data, school performance ratings, school initiatives and grant opportunities, and plan for growth in student and teacher population. There will also be discussion about working together as a community to continue to collaboratively problem-solve how to create the school culture that we all envision for HTES.
Information about this fun, community event where we get to fill our school halls with LOVE is coming home today. Each student will receive one Art Heart to decorate. Additional hearts can be purchased through the form that will be sent home with students. This is a really fun way to send special messages to friends, teachers and even brothers or sisters! Parents can send students a heart. Teachers can use the hearts to tell their class how proud of them they are. The possibilities are endless!
Download the collection sheet for January and turn your Box Tops in by the last school day of the month (January 29). The class with the most tops will win a free dress day in the beginning of February.
Stay up-to-date on everything PTA: add yourself and your family to MySchoolAnywhere.