Room Parents are a vital part of our school. They act as the liaisons between the PTA, teachers and their classrooms. Each year we aim to have at least two parents in each class helping out.
Room Parent Duties:
- Act as a communication liaison between the PTA and your teacher and classroom
- Communicate classroom needs and teacher requests to parents and recruit volunteers (emails, sign up requests)
- Plan and implement events for classroom parties and Teacher Appreciation Week
- Be an active PTA member and attend monthly PTA meetings to report information back to your class
- Collaborate with the co-room parent to divide and delegate duties, as needed
- Perform additional duties as requested by your classroom teacher or the PTA
This varies by classroom, but we estimate 1-2 hours per week during the school year, with a heavier time commitment around class parties and Teacher Appreciation Week in May. Much of the work can be done at home and completed on a flexible schedule.
If you are interested in helping out in your child’s classroom, please email Jenna Conner, PTA Room Parent Chair September 6, 2017.